Friday, November 27, 2020

Social Media blog

 One of the requirements for A level Media Studies is to have multiple social media platforms for my film. I created an account under the name of my main protagonists (Myles) to keep anybody who finds these accounts up to date on the film. We linked all the social media platforms for our film on a Wix website. The links on the website lead to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. Accompanying the name of the protagonist on the social media websites is the name of the film. I had to come up with a name I thought suited my film. I decided on the name “Doors”. I chose this name because in the film a lot of the activity is regarding unlocked, locked, slammed doors, and open doors. The username for all the accounts had the word “Doors” in it, to make sure anybody who looks at the account knows that it is for that film. Each media platform required a bio, a bio being a short description of what to expect to be on the social media page. This includes posts, other tagged accounts, and any dates involving the short film. In the bio, I have the name “Myles from the short film Doors.” I also included the words coming to theaters soon. This was to establish that the film is still in progress, that Myles is involved in the film, and it coming to theaters soon is a marketing statement. I try to keep the usernames consistent, but a problem occurred with Facebook where I could only put the name of the person who owns the account as the username. So, I decided to call the account “Myles Doors” almost like doors is his last name, this began to grow on me. I worked with some websites that I was not familiar with, such as Wix and Facebook. I struggled with publishing the links from each social media platform onto my Wix homepage, as well as Using Facebook for the first time. I am excited to post on these accounts and receive feedback from their followers.



No comments:

Post a Comment