Monday, November 9, 2020

Planning for short film blog

The filming for my short film has not been started, I am beginning to prepare for the filming process. The first step to filming is working out my schedule. This is going to be tough considering I have to work around my school work, girlfriend, homework, and my job to have time to film. One of the best things about my film is that most of it takes place at night, this is extremely helpful. Considering the I am least busy towards the evenings. I will have to do most of my filming at night time anyway so it works out perfectly. The location of my film also is extremely lucky. Considering the global pandemic I wasn't able to include any of my friends in my film like I originally wanted to. But as luck would have it this means that everyone I'm going to need is at home, in the same place my film takes place. The filming will happen in my room and the only two people I need are my father and sister. My dad gets home from work around 7:00 so I can film with him at night and my sister goes to school with me and has the same hours of free time and work. Some of the health safety precautions I am taking is not seeing any people outside of my immediate family and not leaving the safety of my house for any unnecessary reason. I am making sure that all the props used in my SLASHER film are fake so no one gets hurt. Other precautions we are taking are that during the balcony scene we don't get close enough so that some could fall over. The props for my film were originally going to be fake blades but to be even safer I decided to change it to PVC. I won't have a hard time getting some as I work at a hardware store that sells it. Other props will be typical house supplies like a photograph and door locks. Lastly, the costumes aren't too out of the ordinary, the victims Myles and Sydney will be in typical street attire as they have been to school and are just at home. The masked slasher is going to be wearing a dark black hoodie black pants and a mask to cover his entire body. I am very excited to begin filming and can not wait to see how everything comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment