Sunday, November 29, 2020

Props blog

The props I’m using in my film consist of two Pictures, a PVC pipe, and a package. At the beginning of the film, the main character pulls into his driveway and sees a large package on his doorstep. He has been expecting his new guitar to come and he is overjoyed for it to finally be here. The reason I included the main character receiving mail in my film is to make the entire movie seem real. Most children get distracted when receiving mail due to excitement and might forget to lock the door. The arrogance in this situation is what leads to an unwanted intruder in their house. The PVC pipe is used by the unwanted intruder to bash the main character and knock him unconscious. This causes the main character to lose his memory and wake up confused and afraid. The two pictures are used to bring the main character’s memory back and bring outrage when he sees them damaged. The first picture the main character sees is of him and his sister side by side happy and safe. The second picture is his sister’s face scratched out almost like a target, the main character loses his cool and begins to confront the unwanted intruder. Each prop needs to retain the aspect of horror, for the package its connection is the appeal to a stranger due to the valuable price of the object, being shipped to an open house brings attention to a murderous character. My second prop was a PVC pipe, within my film I wanted to incorporate a horror aspect such as brute violence, hence the pipe as it brings the imagery of brute force being bashed onto our weaponless survivor. It's a handy prop to use on set, as it’s a simple hand carrying light weapon shown in multiple scenes. “Two pictures”, those were props that I used both in scene separate, the first scene being a happy memory of the survivor and his sister, being a haunting trigger of memory as he awakes to sense truth, as the other being a horrific crossed-out picture of his sister, expressing that something has happened to her, something unspoken. Bringing these aspects into the film using these props is what I intended to reach maximum audience reactions. When this film process shall begin, I will make sure that each scene with the props is shot accordingly to how I want it pictured. Each prop plays a special role and my image is set in stone for my horror-based film. The next step is to film, and gather these props in case I don’t have any around my house and either edit them for more horror appeal or keep them the way they are.




No comments:

Post a Comment