Monday, November 30, 2020

Filming Attempt blog

On November 27, I began to film for my short film. Starting filming without some props was going to be a challenge considering I will not be able to get them until early January.  I did however have the package prop I needed for the beginning of the film. I started to set everything up by putting a fake shipping label on my guitar case “package”. Then I had my parents move their cars out of the driveway, so it was empty. I positioned the cameraman “my sister” in the perfect position to capture the pan shot I wanted to start my film. I drove to the end of my road and turned my car around and began to drive down the street and into the driveway. Before I was able to get out of my car, the sky opened, and it began to pour. My sister ran inside and i stayed in my car until the rain stopped. The rain let up during the night when it was too late to film the first half of the movie which is based in the afternoon. My backup plan was to film the nighttime scenes, but I realized I did not have the props to do so. I gave up on filming for the day and just checked the tracking on my other props. On November 28 I was not able to film because I work 10 hours on Saturdays. I finally got the first bit of filming done on Sunday the 29th there was no rain and no work to do. I was able to finish the driveway scene, the yelling about the package scene and the opening of the packaging scene. Next, I must complete the leaving my room scene and the homework scene. Then I get to introduce the slasher. But I still need to wait for his prop to arrive. So, I will just skip it and must come back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment