Saturday, October 3, 2020

Genres I Would Like To Research

When I started my project, I was inspired by horror films. I had recently watched A Quiet Place and I loved it. I have always loved horror films and I am a big fan. The three genres I am choosing to research are Horror, Mystery, and Action. Mystery and horror can be closely related as one category can have aspects of the other, however, I am choosing these genres because I feel they relate to my film the best. My pitch "Myles wants to gain his memory back in order to find his way home and why he has a glowing tattoo on his hand.", has a large horror aspect to it however it can be viewed multiple ways. If I want to make my film a mystery film, it could still fit the pitch, even if I wanted to do an action genre I could change to make sure the action only occurs during scary scenes. The main genera I want to focus on is horror. The reason I am choosing horror is that I wanted to make a film where someone is scared and helpless. But the aspect of an unknown tattoo does play into the mystery genre. I find it fun to research all types of genres and find out what type of effects they use. For example, horror uses a lot of specific audio to give off a specific feeling of creeped out or scared. Action for example is more fast-paced and violent to give the watcher an adrenaline rush. And the story is based on confusion and cliffhangers making the watcher want more. These are reasons I believe that these three genres are the best they fit in so many more movies than we realize. Horror films are very entertaining as they keep the watchers engaged. I really enjoy watching horror films and I'm very excited to make one of my own. I am very excited to take a swing at different kinds of films than what I did last year.





No comments:

Post a Comment