Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Genre Choice for Film

I decided to make my film in the horror genre. My favorite genre of movies to watch horror films. The reason I love horror is the feeling of an adrenaline rush I get during jump scares. I wanted to try and recreate the feeling I get while watching horror movies in my own film. My favorite scene from the movie A Quiet Place was when the son dropped his toy and it made a big noise, which in turn caused fear in everyone because the creatures hunting them would be there soon. This scene is my favorite because of the immediate reaction I got while watching it. I wanted to be able to recreate that feeling through my own film by having a presence that you don't want to upset. The premise in this scene, giving off sound within a noiseless trail, is something I'd wish to input/connect within my film. My film is going to be about a character named Myles waking up in a locked bathroom with no memory and a glowing tattoo on the back of his hand. I am going to have the bathroom guarded by a mysterious figure with a blood-stained blade. The horror aspect comes from the character's fear for his life. This is similar to A Quiet Place because both characters are in fear of their life and don’t want to anger something who is more powerful than them. Comparing all three genres to my own film the aspect of horror is most efficient. In the sense that having a situation of life or death for a character to challenge wouldn't be as effective in the action or mystery genre. This genre clicked for me as being alone in society for a few months made me feel trapped and alone. Expressing my surroundings in my life could give off the most surreal effect to my film. I don't feel I need to tweak my pitch. I am very happy with the decision to have my film be this way. I am very confident that I am going to enjoy filming this movie. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment