Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Postcard Blog

Because I was so close to finishing my film I decided to work on other components in my package. I had to leave town because of a family emergency relating to Covid-19 and was not able to access a computer while I was gone. I had a notebook hand-sketched how I wanted my postcard to look. I began creating my postcard for my package. It contained information pulled from a bunch of different sources for my film. The front of the postcard is a picture of my house where the filming takes place. The caption is the title of the film (Doors). And the subtitles are “a short student film by stern productions”.  I chose the name stern productions because that is my last name, and it sounds quite professional. On the backside of my postcard, it reads “you're just going to keep getting in my way, aren't you?” I wanted to include one of my favorite quotes from my film. There aren't many to choose from, as I decided to remove a lot of dialogue and voice-overs in my film. I removed most of the audio because of the movie “Psycho” that I rewatched before leaving. I have a couple of lines of dialogue between the main character and his sister. I also include the dialogue between the main character and the murderer. Alongside the quote on the back of my postcard are my social media handles. This includes my Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube handle. I also include my Wix website link which when opened will have the links to my social media. There is also an icon of a door as a symbol of the entire movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment