Saturday, December 26, 2020

Re-Shooting blog

Today the construction on my balcony was finished. This was sooner than expected and means I can record my original ending for my film. The construction was finished at 2:00 PM today which left a little bit of the afternoon and all the evening for the day. I got off work at 3:30 PM and rushed home to begin the process. I started by getting the same clothes that we have been wearing out of the wash. Getting everybody just and giving my dad his “weapon”. I watched back on the clips that involved the balcony. First off, I reused the old clip of entering the correct bedroom during the day. So that we truly do enter my bedroom. I also deleted the clips involving the indoor balcony and the hallway scene. I restarted recording from the opening of my bedroom door out into the hallway and go into the right instead of the left. I got to include the scene I wanted of Myles tripping over the doorframe leading out to the balcony. Everything was perfect it looked like it was going to rain so I wanted to finish recording before that. I was able to record the dialogue scenes and even the killing on the balcony. I hated using my pillow as a body double for when Myles gets thrown over the balcony. Especially because my pillow landed in the pool and was wet. After doing the bare minimum editing of stitching all the clips together with clean-cut transitions and the proper nighttime filter to match the clips before my film Lux almost exactly how I pictured it in my head. There is still some editing that needs to be done to enhance the sound of my film as well as lighting and reshooting any scenes I am not 100% happy with. I am very happy that the balcony was finished on Saturday, so I was able to have my dad film because he works during the week. Tomorrow I will further edit my film and start working with my friends’ keyboard for sound.



No comments:

Post a Comment