Friday, December 25, 2020

Editing Night blog

Today I did not want to reshoot the scenes I was not happy with because it is a holiday and I want to spend it with my family. I decided to edit the remaining scenes I had already filmed. This consisted of the late-night scenes that began to involve the killer up to the new end of my film. I began by stitching each clip together on iMovie. I did this by removing the bit of film at the beginning and end of each clip and adding a simple transition. For a lot of these scenes, I filmed the lighting was not what I wanted. I found an option on iMovie that allows a light filter over clips which I liked. It added the slightly gloomy and mysterious feeling I wanted in my film. I was not sure if I can have filters over my clips, so I asked my teacher hoping they will get back to me after the break. I am keeping the original clips just in case I cannot use the filter.  I only found one scene I was not happy with, in the nighttime. So, on the day that I decide to re-film the daytime clips, I will also wait till nighttime and re-film what is necessary. I spoke to one of my friends and asked if I could use his keyboard for my film. I told him that he would get credit both on my social media pages as well as in the credits of my movie. His keyboard has custom sounds that he made up himself. I am very pleased with how my film is turning out so far. Aside from the few re-shoots, I need to do, and the construction obstacles everything has come out smoothly. I hope that my outdoor balcony will be finished soon so I can we filmed the last couple of scenes where I originally planned them. But if not, I am still happy with how Plan B turned out. This process has given me an insight into how setbacks affect filming, and how difficult they can be to get over.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment